This building originally opened in 1879 as the home of the Traub Jewelry Co., which relocated from East Jefferson Avenue.
The lower two levels were renovated in 1911 for the Grand Trunk Railway’s ticket offices. The renovation incorporated a terra cotta rounded arch inset with multi-paned windows on the second floor. The arch contains a crest displaying the initials GT, and an entablature contains the words Grand Trunk.
In 1935, the Metropole Hotel two doors north on Woodward Avenue took over the space to serve as its bar and kitchen.
In 2006, the building's first floor was renovated for Foran’s Grand Trunk Pub.
Last updated 18/04/2023