On Oct. 4, 1916, ground was broken for St. Albertus Parish School on 2000 E. Canfield St.
The school, erected at a cost of $200,000 and funded entirely through donations from St. Albertus church parish, was dedicated on Sept. 30, 1917, and opened to 1,400 pupils on Oct. 2, 1917.
St. Albertus School closed permanently around 1966, but the building continued to serve the church, hosting community events and other activities.
More on this building coming soon.